Butternut Squash and Leaf Salad (6 people)
6 Butternut Squash
1kg of either Mangold, Collards or Mache
50g of Dry Cranberries
50g Flaked Almonds
4 Tablespoons of Honey or Agarve Syrup
Handful of finely chopped diced Dried Apricot
1. Worse part- peel Butternut Squash, scrap out the middle our then dice the butternut squash into inch sized pieces. Put the cubed pieces in to a big baking tray with lots of Olive Oil and Honey (or Argarve Syrup). Then roast this for 45min on 200c with lots of olive oil.
2. Toast the flaked Almonds in a dry frying pan.
3. In a big bowl add the cooked Butternut Squash add Cranberries the salad leaves, Apricots and toasted Almonds mix it all up and toss with the French Dressing.
3inch of Chorizo Sausage Chopped
1 White Onion Chopped
1 Handful Baby Tomatoes Chopped
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Teaspoon Mixed Herbs
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Good Gulp of White Wine
1 Fish Stock Cube
50ml to 100ml Single Cream
400g Raw Prawns or 200g of raw prawns if you are adding Lobster
200g (Optional Lobster make it special)
1-2 Chilli Chopped
Salt and Pepper
1. Add your olive oil to the pan and heat it up. Once oil is hot add the onion and chilli cook until the onion goes translucent. Now add the chopped baby tomatoes. Add mixed herbs. Add tomato paste stir so not to burn anything.
2. IAdd white wine and burn off the alcohol. Add a fish stock cube to 750ml of boiled water and add this to the pan. Let it all get to know one another.
3. Add half a lemon juice, it’s important to taste now you may want to increase the fish stock get it to your taste.
4. Now add your raw prawns and lobster and cook them in the sauce make sure they are cooked through properly.
5. Add 50ml to 100ml of single cream and add salt and pepper garnish with parsley.
Apple, Pear, Walnut Salad with Cheese
1 Chines Yam (optional)
25g of toasted Walnut (smashed up a bit)
25g of toasted Chestnut (choped)
Parmesan Cheese or Pecorino
1. Slice your apples and pears up, make sure you core first as you don’t want the seeds or the core.
2. If you want to add Chinese Yam this has a similar texture to Apple or Pear when sliced but when you chew it, it has a foam consistency. Peel the yam and then slice.
3. In a dry frying pan toast your smashed Walnuts set aside and then toast your chopped Chestnut up.
4. Now finely slice your hard cheese.
5. In a bowl add all the ingredients together, then crumble in Gorgonzola, add salt and pepper for seasoning and drizzle French Vinaigrette.
1. Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil 300ml, White Wine Vinegar 100ml to 150ml (depends how sharp you like it), Juice of half a Lemon, 2 Garlic Gloves minced
2 teaspoon of mixed herbs or herbs de provence, 1 teaspoon of sugar,
1 ½ teaspoon of whole grain mustard (you can use french or dijion mustard if you don’t have wholegrain), 1 Bay Leaf, Salt and Pepper to season
This is how to make a bang french dressing if it is too sharp or not sharp enough add more sugar or less play around with to your liking.
More About GoKart
We hope you enjoyed our October recipes – all the ingredients on the menu are from our October Market Report. At GoKart, we believe in empowering food businesses through our technology…we call it food sourcery.
If you are a food business, and want more information on how to save money on your supplies, explore our suppliers below: